Open call Writing Residency
MDD and MORPHO present a Writing Residency at Woning Van Wassenhove between 24 November and 22 December 2023. This residency allows an artist to further their writing practice.
The resident is granted full use of the Woning Van Wassenhove, located in Sint-Martens-Latem, in a quiet residential area in the vicinity of Ghent, for four consecutive weeks. As an outcome of the residency, MDD and/or MORPHO assists the resident to organise a public moment, such as a talk, performance, publication, broadcast or presentation in the year following the residency (2024).
The call is open to any visual artist over 18 years of age legally permitted to travel and reside in Belgium for the duration of the residency. We will do our best to adapt to the resident’s needs. However, due to its restricted architecture (stairs, absence of elevator), the Woning Van Wassenhove is not suitable for all conditions, and not for more than one resident.
What we offer
- Contribution towards travel and visa costs (up to € 1000 inc. VAT).
- Per diem of €40 per day (inc. VAT).
- Production budget for a presentation moment in 2024 (up to € 2000 inc. VAT).
- MDD and MORPHO’s full communication support.
- MDD’s institutional support.
- Utilities, internet connection, use of a bicycle.
- Caroline Dumalin (artistic director MORPHO).
- Laurens Otto (curator Museum Dhondt-Dhaenens).
- Bert Puype (artist liaison Axel Vervoordt Gallery).
- Yann Chateigné Tytelman (curator, writer and member artistic advisory board MORPHO).
- Application deadline: Friday 15 September 2023
- Applicants informed of selection: early October
- Residency period: 24 November—22 December 2023